Friday, August 20, 2010

woman vs. food vs. baby

Things that are good:
1. hashbrowns and toast
2. popsicles
3. White cake with white icing - this helps me to know the baby is mine and not an alien life form growing inside of me.
4. yogurt
5. Taco Bell Taco Supremes - I haven't broken down and eaten one yet, since I've been a vegetarian for uhhhhh decades!  But I have been thinking about them every. Single. Day.  This helps me to know the baby is actually my husband's and not an alien life form growing inside of me.
6. Baked goods.  Helpful hint - pregnant women should stay away from Williams Sonoma.
7. saltine crackers

Things that are sort-of repulsive:
1. coffee
But I wouldn't dare admit this to my husband.  I am powering through this one.  If he figures out coffee is ehhhhhhh when I'm pregnant he will calculate what is cheaper - keeping my in a constant state of pregnancy or paying for my Starbucks.  I don't want to know.

Things that are definitely repulsive:
1. salsa*
2. beans*
3. rice*
4. cous-cous*
5. tofu*
6. Indian tonic water*
7. club soda*
8. mushrooms
9. Anything lemon flavor.  Lemon wedges are ok, but anything else, nope.
10. anything I can smell with my nose
11. my husband's cologne
12. brushing my teeth with minty toothpaste
13. getting on the scale

*things I thought were delicious until last week

Pregnant women become super heroines with the heightened sense of smell.  I understand it is to protect the baby from toxins.  C'mon!  Seriously! Because I want to eat red popsicles with red dye, but I definitely don't even want to type the word broccoli.

All this warding off of the toxins makes it hard to grocery shop.  Today I wandered around the grocery store where I assessed most food items as too disgusting to eat and walked out with yogurt, popsicles and a brisket.  The family is going to get some interesting dinner combinations.

-Robyn
I'm going to Chili's and having Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment