Wednesday, August 18, 2010

survival of the fattest

We've surpassed a milestone.

We survived Europe.

We'll always have Paris!  Sheez.  The City of Light nearly did me in.  The first day we were there we started at 3 a.m. and stayed out til after the Eiffel Tower light show at 11 p.m.

And I ate nothing that day but cheese and bread.  I tried to be healthy and get a salad, but the waiter never brought it. 

I apologized profusely to Bebe.  I promised Bebe that once we made it home, I'd sit on the couch and do nothing. 

I did have my first doctor's appointment.  While the rest of my family lost weight in Europe from our daily 18 hour jogs, I neither gained or lost a pound.

But mysteriously, I came home to jeans that won't quite zip.  Actually, I can get them zipped but it is not attractive or comfortable and probably constitutes child abuse.

The doctor told me Bebe is 5.1 mm and about the size of a grain of rice.  A grain of rice?  What the heck?  Then how come my pants don't fit?  Apparently that is due to my uterus doubling in size (gross) and the massive amount of progesterone in my body.  Beware. 

Bebe is cute.  He's swimming next to his amniotic sac which looks like a bubble. 

I'm so glad Bubble Boy survived our amazing race of a va-ca.

-Robyn
I'm going to go eat now.  And sit on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment